INSTITUTION RESPONSIBLE FOR THE INITIATIVE
Hellenic Open University
Parodos Aristotelous 18, 26 335
WEB SITE OF THE INITIATIVE
- Help desk and supporting services for refugee students
- Intercultural competences activities for staff
- Language and other introductory courses for refugee students
- Non formal education activities for students
- Social Events
- Tutoring and peer support for refugee students
- University policies on access to higher education
- Newly arrived refugees
- Refugees of second generation
- University staff (academic and administrative)
DESCRIPTION AND METHODOLOGIES
Project PRESS (Provision of Refugee Education and Support Scheme) will plan and implement a series of educational interventions for refugees currently residing in Greece, with a strong emphasis on qualitative research and the adoption of good practices according to international standards.
The project's first axis entails qualitative field research on the linguistic, educational and communication needs and expectations of refugees (in different age groups).
The second axis aims at the linguistic and cultural integration and adjustment of refugees (children and adults) through non-formal and informal learning interventions.
The third axis focuses on awareness-raising, provision of support services and targeted interventions for the long-term educational empowerment of refugees in Greek society.