- Health services
- Help desk and supporting services for refugee students
- Housing for refugee students
- Language and other introductory courses for refugee students
- Recognition of studies and prior learning for refugee students
- Social Events
- Tutoring and peer support for refugee students
- University policies on access to higher education
DESCRIPTION AND METHODOLOGIES
The University of Barcelona’s support programme for refugees and people from conflict areas was launched in September 2015 to promote access to higher education based on solidarity and responsible support for young refugees. Managed by the UB Solidarity Foundation, the programme provides undergraduate, master’s and doctoral training to young people whose lives or freedom are in danger in their places of origin due to their beliefs, opinions, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation.
The support programme includes a scholarship for a transition-to-university course, accommodation, academic support, legal and psychosocial assistance, language exchanges, career guidance and access to the studies they have chosen, in accordance with their abilities and previous academic background.
But the most important part is the human and emotional support the participants receive. This support takes the form of a specific university entrance course and accommodation, for at least the first year, in a University of Barcelona student residence hall, where these young people can be given specific and painstaking support.