INSTITUTION RESPONSIBLE FOR THE INITIATIVE
University of Piraeus (UniPi)
University of Piraeus
80, M. Karaoli & A. Dimitriou St.,
18534 Piraeus Greece
WEB SITE OF THE INITIATIVE
The TEACHmi Project is granted by the European Commission. The Coordinator of the project is University of Piraeus. The consortium is consisted of the University of Leuven-Limburg (Belgium), the University of COIMBRA (Portugal), the St. Cyril and St. Methodius University of Veliko Tarnovo (Bulgaria), the Ltd consulting company Enoros (Cyprus) and last but not least, the non-profit organization CESIE (Italy).
- Help desk and supporting services for refugee students
- Intercultural competences activities for staff
- Language and other introductory courses for refugee students
- University policies on access to higher education
- Newly arrived refugees
- Refugees of second generation
- University staff (academic and administrative)
DESCRIPTION AND METHODOLOGIES
The 36 months duration of implementing Teachmi project is focused on reinforce the role of education. This goal will be realized by promoting the common EU values of tolerance and non –discrimination, while putting stress on strengthening social cohesion.
Project’s impact will help youngsters to become open-minded and active members in our diverse and inclusive society. The tools will be utilized and all the knowledge and good practices which will be exchanged will provide to all students the possibility to receive the best educational approach possible. In addition, all the intellectual products of the project will foster inclusion and the provision of a higher quality of school services, targeted to the needs of the students from an early age.
- Develop a new toolbox of teaching languages of schooling for students with migrant background, including integration practices for teachers.
- Develop an interactive tool, the online e-learning & networking platform for teachers/trainers/school leaders, in order to exchange good practices and become better professionals.
- Develop a curriculum & material elaboration, and a role model activity material for induction classes targeted for students with migrant background.
- Elaboration of an assessment guide for newly arrive students with immigrant background.