TITLE OF THE INITIATIVE
UCD Cothrom na Féinne Scholarship
INSTITUTION RESPONSIBLE FOR THE INITIATIVE
University College Dublin
UCD Access and Lifelong Learning Centre, Level 1, James Joyce Library Building, UCD Belfield, Dublin 4
WEB SITE OF THE INITIATIVE
- Financial support for refugee students
- Newly arrived refugees
- Refugees of second generation
DESCRIPTION AND METHODOLOGIES
UCD aims to widen participation, to promote equal access to education, and to create a diverse and inclusive community on campus.
The pilot scholarship scheme facilitates access to the UCD Community for Asylum Seekers, Refugees, those with subsidiary protection or Leave to remain by offering support for tuition fees and scholarships for those wishing to pursue studies at UCD.
The scheme provides the following support:
• Full tuition fee support
• A scholarship of €1,500 for full-time or €750 for part-time students
• ALL Student Welcome Programme and access to post-entry supports
There are 30 scholarships available for the 2019/20 academic year.
Places will be allocated as follows:
• 10 places on the University Access Programme
• 20 places on undergraduate and graduate degree programmes
o Priority will be given to students progressing from the University Access Programme to degree programmes.