INSTITUTION RESPONSIBLE FOR THE INITIATIVE
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Enactus KIT e.V.
c/o AStA des KIT
WEB SITE OF THE INITIATIVE
- Help desk and supporting services for refugee students
- Intercultural competences activities for staff
- Language and other introductory courses for refugee students
- Non formal education activities for students
- Social Events
- Tutoring and peer support for refugee students
- Newly arrived refugees
- Refugees of second generation
DESCRIPTION AND METHODOLOGIES
Overcoming fears of contact and enhancing exchange between refugees and citizens: This is the objective of the Enactus student group of Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT). Within the framework of various projects, the students stand up for refugees, offer language courses, and organize soccer plays.
The students of Enactus university group (https://www.enactus.de/karlsruhe/) are students at KIT, who are involved in various projects for refugees. In an illustrated book "refugee time" (http://www.kit.edu/kit/english/pi_2015_stories-about-refugees-from-all-over-the-world.php), they tell their stories in text and pictures together with the refugees.
KIT Students Present Stories about the Lives of Refugees and Seek to Promote Mutual Understanding. Through the Welcome2Work project (https://www.enactus.de/karlsruhe/blog/projekte/welcome2work), the university group supports refugees in labor market integration.