TYPE OF INSTITUTION
Non governmental Organization
Ioustinianou 19, Serres GR62123
NAME OF CONTACT PERSON
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE ORGANISATION
Club Serres for UNESCO was established in 1996 in Serres through a cooperation of local citizens with the UNESCO Center for Women and Peace in the Balkan Countries.
Club Serres for UNESCO’s goals include the promotion of UNESCO’s basic principles and UN Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), awareness raising on social and environmental issues, promotion of active citizenship and peaceful dialogue among people. During the last two decades, our organization has implemented a vast amount of actions, thus becoming one of the most active UNESCO Clubs in Greece.
Club Serres for UNESCO participates at the following international networks:
- Mountain Partnership
- European Coalition Cities Against Racism–ECCAR
- World Urban Campaign
- United Nations Alliance of Civilizations
- Global Compact Network Hellas
The actions of Club Serres for UNESCO include:
- Organization of parent school in Serres
- Organization of educational activities for preschool children in various areas of Prefecture of Serres
- Mapping survey for identification of children’s educational needs and their access to medical services
- Medical screening tests through visits of a Mobile Health Unit in cooperation with UNESCO Center for Women and Peace in Balkan Countries
- Cooperation with stakeholders in the area of implementation in order to achieve the project’s objectives
Some of the Clubs's recent actions:
- Educational programs for awareness raising on Biodiversity and Environment protection for children of Primary and
Secondary Education, in cooperation with the Natural History Museum of Serres.
- Organization of a national school contest for participation to 2013- International Year of Cooperation for Water (under
the aegis of the Greek Ministry of Education)
- Implementation of Educational programs in primary education schools for the International Year of Crystallography
- Design & implementation of the educational program: Incorporating Gandhi's Principles in Education.
- Participation to campaign SayNo- UNiTE to End Violence Against Women
- Participation to campaign FARE-UEFA-UNESCO: Say No to Racism
- Organization of school contests for the encouragement of children participation to UN and UNESCO campaigns
- Actions for the promotion of our cultural heritage
- Celebration of International Days
- Youth exchanges (Erasmus+)
HOW THE ORGANISATION WILL CONTRIBUTE TO THE DISSEMINATION AND EXPLOITATION OF THE PROJECT RESULTS
Through its large network of partners and the long experience in dealing with human rights promotion issues.